Chart Geany

Discussion forums about Chart Geany

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-22 17:56:37

gtonetti

Troubles with data import

After some efforts for finding a solution for converting many formats non compatible with XLS or CSV used by Geany  I spent some time for collecting from these source files of each symbols At the end of this work i realized that often, after download from source e.g. Yahoo, Eurizon or ING Direct the series have many lack of data, holes of many days or weeks.
My question is: is it common this problem? I think i would download and use directly instead of check the content, also because of your sw crash every time i loading a list with wrongs  data inside.
Thanks

apart troubles due to the language, i would like to share opinions, suggestions on this "complex" subject that's understanding present and forecast, of investment like ETF/Founds using charting. The sw is really user friendly, so could be improved for a more flexible managing of saved data and for more efficient updating the from external data sources.

#2 2018-01-19 16:47:38

gtonetti

Re: Troubles with data import

hello,
after some days i do not update data from Yahoo i see, this evening, any update from January 10 to this evening 01/19! Do you know why this happen?
Thanks

apart troubles due to the language, i would like to share opinions, suggestions on this "complex" subject that's understanding present and forecast, of investment like ETF/Founds using charting. The sw is really user friendly, so could be improved for a more flexible managing of saved data and for more efficient updating the from external data sources.

#3 2018-01-19 16:53:09

gtonetti

For a beginner like me, do you have any suggestion for getting a training course (online) at the level of your software? I saw a huge of training video on youtube, but actually too much things for a beginner, i looking for some practical related your sw. Thanks

#4 2018-01-22 09:12:21

Lucas
Primary developer
Website

Hello,

It depends on the feed. Public feeds lag terrible sometimes and you have to try 2-3 times to get quotes from them. A nice trick is to increase the timeout setting in Options->Network. This trick will increase the possibility to avoid a timeout from the feed's side.

As for the training you ask, Chart Geany is a simple, easy to use statistical analysis and charting software, but you need to be familiar with some concepts of technical analysis.

Regards

Primary developer and project leader of Chart Geany

#5 2018-01-23 18:34:52

gtonetti

Thanks for answering, i agree with your opinion about my poor technical analysis competences; in the same time, i think that this is a promotional way for selling! (e.g. one program called MOMENTUM spent a lot of time recording videos on the program)
Anyway many thanks i will test your suggestion.
Gino Tonetti

#6 2018-01-24 08:19:55

gtonetti

following your suggestion, Hello i changed increasing the timeout from 20 to 30 sec, (no benefits) actually i do not understand, two titles ETF updated one day before (yesterday), the other three, 10 days later! About my founds i see that they follows a strange rule, some updated 1 month later other many months! Be patient, I ask you because of us you know and understand better than me this data. In a few words, is it Yahoo a valid source for getting data, do you know other sources?
Thanks a lot Gino Tonetti

Board footer