Chart Geany

Discussion forums about Chart Geany

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-22 05:25:28

mickyc

Willing to purchase but crashes ...

I have been looking at Chart Geany for some time now and was just about to purchase an unlimited licence when I stumbled across a very repeatable crash that takes the whole program down.

This happens on load of chart for symbol ACAI from either yahoo or google sources.  The only thing that differentiates this stock from others that I am looking at that it is from the NMS exchange.
I am concerned that this particular bug might compromise stability elsewhere.

Can you confirm ...

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 with Chart Geany 4.4.0-38.  The setup I am running with Chart Geany is fairly close to stock ubuntu.

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Michael.

Last edited by mickyc (2016-09-22 05:25:53)

#2 2016-09-25 11:02:06

Lucas
Primary developer
Website

Re: Willing to purchase but crashes ...

Hello Michael,

I tried Chart Geany 4.0.1 with Xenial 64 bit.

From Yahoo, ACIU symbol sends no data at all and Chart Geany does not create any record in data manager.

From Google, ACIU symbol sends no data at all but Chart Geany creates a record in data manager. When I tried to open the chart, it replied "No Quotes for Symbol". I verified this with the Quote Browser.

So I could not reproduce the crash. Under Fedora 24 and Windows 10 it had exactly the same behavior.

If you want to test it further, delete cgbase.dat and try again. If it does not crash with a newly created cgbase.dat, we'll have a hint where the bug is hidden.

Lucas

Primary developer and project leader of Chart Geany

Board footer