Chart Geany

Discussion forums about Chart Geany

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-18 10:44:20

gtonetti

i use morningstar as my preferred site for data and portfolio

I use for many years Morning star as site for information about investment portfolio mamagement, it works well and always updated.
Is it possibile download data from this site? I have all my founds available there, but not with Yhaoo. I know that probably they ask to pay for doing it, using the premium subscription, i do not need so many information and i paid not pay for it, there is another way for downloading data?
Thanks
Gino

#2 2017-12-19 10:56:21

Lucas
Primary developer
Website

Re: i use morningstar as my preferred site for data and portfolio

I see that they have an api here:
https://gist.github.com/hahnicity/45323026693cdde6a116

But I don't know under what license it is available. If it is free, we can consume it from Chart Geany in a future release.

Regards

Lucas

Primary developer and project leader of Chart Geany

#3 2017-12-20 08:00:03

gtonetti

Thanks for your attention, actually i use Morningstar only for organizing my ETF/founds into tables always updated, many download about the single products are available, but for data analysis only a interactive graph is printable as picture. Would be fine downloading data serie of my ISIN for importing into your tool. Thanks Gino

#4 2017-12-20 08:15:23

Lucas
Primary developer
Website

Morning star api is a little tricky so I cannot guarantee that I will implement it. Have you tried to find the symbols of the ETFs in Yahoo or Alpha Vantage?

Primary developer and project leader of Chart Geany

#5 2017-12-20 10:34:35

gtonetti

I spoke about Morningstar because i have all my symbols there, for years, it works well, simple to manage and it sends a report of portfolio by email weekly or daily.
The version premium (cost of subscription not justified for my simple use)good for general evaluation of portfolio is too complex, so many tables and do not includes all inestments ( e.g. goverment BTP our PTT/bank  Bound etc   I would like tohave this global evaluation but useless in these way. Anyway the present use is enough for me.
You asked about Yahoo,
I tried my symbols with yahoo, at first, having some troubles with ISIN beginning with LU...... (from luxemburg) not managed. On the other hand some found are not updated (not updated for many months, why?!) I fix the problem getting it from the SGR i bought. I got the key for using Alpha  vantage, i did not try all,  only some, for checking, it works well, but same troubles with ISIN LU... not available (actually i do non understand the reason!) I am a beginner i need time for organizing me better.
Again thanks for your suggestion always well accepted.

Board footer